We will follow the KSHSAA rules on spectator allowances for the 20-21 winter activity season. Below is information from KSHSAA and procedures for HHS and HMS home events.
Effective Thursday, December 10 through January 28, 2021, interscholastic activities will allow for attendance of up to two parents/guardians per participant(s) family as allowed by local board of education or health department restrictions.
Accordingly, the KSHSAA is receiving a number of requests for clarification and provides the following consistent interpretations for your use:
1. Participants include: Players, Coaches, Student Managers, Cheer squads/coaches, Dance teams/coaches, Pep bands/directors, Student Journalists
2. Coaches may have parents/guardians or spouse/significant other.
3. Children of coaches and administrators do not meet the definition approved by the Board of Directors.
4. School Board members do not meet the criteria established by the BOD unless their child is an active participant.
5. Parents/guardians are there to support their child while in competition; there is no reason for them to attend “all” games in the facility on a given day.
6. Teams playing in that facility as part of a multi-game event may remain in the gym as long as they are socially distant.
7. All spectators must be masked the entire time in facility, even if they are socially distanced.
8. No “substitutes” for parent/guardian if they are unable to attend contest.
9. Event staff are not afforded parent/guardian or spouse attendance.
10. The impacted interscholastic activities include basketball, bowling, debate, forensics/speech, scholars bowl, swimming & diving, and wrestling.
HHS & HMS Home Events
1. The only gate will be at the Aux Gym entrance to HHS.
2. Per KSHSAA guidelines the only entrants allowed are parents/legal guardians. A list of names will be utilized by our gate workers and only those listed will be allowed to pay.
3. Per CKL policy, entry fee is $5 per adult.
4. Parents/Guardians will only be allowed to the game(s) in which their son or daughter are suited up and/or participating. Between games we will clear all spectators in the stands for the following game who do not have a son or daughter in the following contest. For those that do have a son/daughter in the next contest, you may stay at your seats and we will check you off of our list. Once the gym is cleared, we will allow the next set of parents in.
5. All spectators are asked to leave the building when their son or daughter are not participating. (Example - My daughter plays some quarters in the JV game at 4:30, does not suit up for the varsity game, but plays quarters in the C game at 7:30. I should leave the building immediately following the JV game and arrive back for only the 7:30 game)
6. Seating for spectators is clearly marked in both gyms. Please utilize only the marked seating. This ensures social distancing in the stands.
7. Spectators are expected to wear a mask at all times while in the building.